Thursday, December 30, 2010

Rejuvenated

Ahh, I just returned from a 2 week vacation to Jamaica, and I had an absolutely amazing time. First let me back up a bit; the last few weeks of this past semester was absolutely mind numbing for me. It seemed like I had no time for me, and exercise, relaxation, downtime- those concepts completely went out the window. By the time the semester was over, I felt completely drained and in dire need of a vacation. Thankfully, I had planned this trip to Jamaica since this summer. I packed swim suits and party clothes and completely put the thought of studying out of my mind. The idea was to get my mind completely refreshed, since I won't have another vacation before Step 1. The only book I packed with me was Ben Carson's Gifted Hands, and honestly I didn't open it once the entire time I was there (although I will say it was highly recommended to me so I do plan on reading it).
So what did I do on my vacation? I went to a bunch of live outdoor concerts, relaxed on the beach (in Negril there are over 7 miles of white sand beaches with crystalline blue water...pure heaven), climbed Dunn's River Falls, explored Green Grotto Caves, spent a day at Hedonism II Resort (I won't tell you what makes that interesting, but you can google it ;), went to Rick's Cafe and watched the cliff jumpers, and much more. I feel so rejuvenated and ready to plunge into Step I studying. Incidentally, I got my First Aid 2011 from Amazon in the mail today (I had pre-ordered it) .
Will post vacation pics and study schedule soon!
xoxo,
HOGO
   

No comments:

Post a Comment